Friday, August 7

The Lethal Weapon

Last time I experienced a celebrity sighting was when I spotted REM bassist Mike Mills sitting across from LRK and me at our gate in Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay, Jamaica, waiting for our flight back to the States.

Well, yesterday evening I accompanied LRK to the Capitol City Lowes. As we were checking out, a familiar, bearded face accompanied by a pair of large arms got in line behind us. I immediately identified the guy as an old professional wrestler (my brother and I used to watch every week, back in the day), but I was totally drawing a blank on his name. The only word that came to mind was "weapon."

Anyway, I try not to act like an idiot on the rare occasion I run into celebrities, so I didn't say anything or make a scene. But when we got home, I immediately hit the Internet and googled "wwf wrestler+weapon."

As it turns out, I ran into "The Lethal Weapon" Steve Blackman. Nice!

No comments: