Thursday, June 4

Craigslist: Not Just for Psychos

LRK and I (through marrying her) had a treadmill. Since we both belong to a gym and make an effort to hit it at least two times a week to justify paying the monthly charge, we never used the treadmill. It sat in an unused bedroom. One day LRK suggested we get rid of it.

To craigslist!

With some time on my hands, I got around to snapping some photos of ol' tready. Then I basically plagiarized some Delaware craigslist posting for the same machine. I hit publish, then I waited.

For about 20 minutes. It seems a priced-to-sell treadmill is a pretty popular item on Harrisburg craigslist. I received about six emails the day I posted the machine, and about four the morning after. (I wish I had this type of response in sending out resumes). We ended up selling the treadmill to a nice, younger teacher. I hope she gets a lot of miles out of it... even though she admitted after making the purchase that she didn't particularly like to run.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Nice to know that it attracts more than just crazies. I have a wicked amount of baby girl clothes and maternity clothes I'm looking to lose, but every time I think about posting them, I have visions of a nutcase murdering the entire family. This gives me hope that we won't be victim to an untimely demise :)