Monday, July 16

Fresh Burstin' Through


I successfully completed my first 5-mile race - the Fresh Burst 5-Mile Listerine Run - in LTZ Saturday. I clocked my best ever time running 5 miles, finishing in 42:03. Overall, I placed 192 out of 400 runners. So, I ran pretty much how I wanted to perform (under 50 minutes, middle-of-the-pack finish).


I was who I thought I was!

Interesting note - WGAL Channel 8 News personality Meredith Jorgensen was in attendance. She was geared up like a running veteran, so I thought if I could keep pace with her, I'd be in good shape. However, I caught up to her within the first mile and pretty easily blew by her. Jorgensen ended up finishing 4:01 behind me. Although, she did wave at LRH and me as we headed to my car afterwords. So, props to Jorgensen.

See you next year, Fresh Burst 5-Mile Listerine Run!

2 comments:

Brett said...

Again, I'm fixated on that graphic. If we use the illustrated mouthwash as reference, you were the mint-green bottle you thought you were. Nice work on the personal best.

Todd said...

Thanks for the congrats. It felt good.

I'm hoping to get a Bender comment with the Jorgensen reset.