Wednesday, September 5

Renewing Old Rivalries

LRH is an assistant women's volleyball coach at local Penn State satellite campus. It's cool, because perusing the schedule, PSUx plays a number of MAC schools including Elizabethtown (btw, beating D-II Shippensburg the other night - stand back!). Anyway, I told LRH that I've sort of adopted the PSUx women's volleyball team as my official collegiate women's volleyball team.

So when PSUx plays a MAC school (like, such as, Messiah), I will cheer a little harder for the Nittany Lions - er Lionesses - because it reminds me of my old baseball rivalries at Elizabethtown. Like this: Messiah - they always thought they were so good - those "can't have a person of the opposite sex in your dorm room and have the door closed" goodie goodies! Those "church attendance mandated every Sunday" fuddie duddies! Yes, I'm quite good at the trash talk.

And, for the record, when PSUx travels to Elizabethtown October 6th, I will be cheering for PSUx. I only support two Blue Jay programs: baseball (obvs) and women's basketball. Although, admittedly, it doesn't look that promising for PSUx.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Assistant to the women's volleyball coach.

Todd said...

Okay, Halpert.

I should have worded it, "LRH is an assistant coach for PSUx women's volleyball".

Also, I now support Etown women's volleyball, too. Yes, I am a bandwagon fan and only support them because they are good.