Wednesday, September 12

Long Night in Delaware

Last night, I presented at an industry event at a science-type building in Delaware. It went well, but it was also a longer night than I expected, and I grew bored. And when I get bored, my mind wanders all over the place. Like the guy I presented with - Director of Engineering and Design at the science-type building - I found that he spoke/sounded a lot like recent suicide-attempter one of my favorite actors, Owen Wilson. I'm thinking Bottlerocket era. It was uncanny. So I enjoyed being around him.

Conversely, one of the attendees that I presented to reminded me of Spike, from Gremlins fame. Just her eyes and big, wide smile. It creeped me out after awhile. I never watched Gremlins because I hated those Spikes. They still creep me out. I was so unsettled by the Spike-alike, that I drove right by the Grotto Pizza along the main drag in Newark! Actually, I just really, really wanted to get home. But instances are few and far between when I pass up an opportunity at Grotto.

+ On the way back to Lancaster, I was able to reel in some of the Reds game on The Big One, 700 WLW. Talk about range. I quite liked Jeff Brantley's call of the game. Plus, the Reds won.

+ Did anyone catch The Office last night on TBS? I knew TBS picked up syndication rights, but I did not remember that the net would start airing eps this soon. Last night we got the pilot and "Diversity Day". Tuesdays at 10, people.

No comments: