Thursday, July 26

Wide Open Spaces: Sunday

After an unexpected night in Chi-town (thanks "mechanical issues"), I arrived back in PA Thursday afternoon. My trip to Kansas with LRH was wonderful, epic and beyond any expectations. Minneapolis, KS is beautiful with wide open spaces and minimal traffic, and Mr. and Mrs. H were so nice, so welcoming, so everything - I can see why LRH is so special, amazing and wonderful. Without further ado, here are some of my pics from Sunday:

This is my favorite shot of the trip:


Early on during the drive from KCI to Minneapolis, I had the feeling that this was going to be something special, on so many levels.

This made me think of one of my favorite scenes from Scrubs:


On a clear day, I can see, see a very long way. On I-70, there were many great shots to be had, once we got past Topeka.

Once we arrived at Mr. & Mrs. H's lovely house, I was surprised to see a blue jay in the backyard. Turns out, the blue jay is Mrs. H's favorite bird.


I had to snap a shot. We blue jays stick together, especially in Kansas.

Sunday was spent traveling to Minneapolis, sitting down to lunch (what would be the first of Mrs. H's unworldly delicious meals - believe me, you will grow tired of me raving about her cooking) topped off by zucchini bread (I'll vouch for that), taking a short drive around town and making a run to the grocery store, having a scrumptious dinner topped off by some more zucchini bread plus some homemade ice cream, followed by watching the movie Breach.

Monday to come...

No comments: