Friday, April 24

The Soloist

I appreciate classical music, but am in no way an aficionado or anything along those lines. Still, when I caught The Soloist trailer for the first time, I was immediately pulled in by the song (see, I don't even know what it's called) performed on the cello. Anyway, I was interested in seeing this movie - especially since it seemed to fall into the elusive category of a flick both LRK and I would be agreeable to seeing - together.

Reading Kenneth Turan's not-so glowing review put a damper on my enthusiasm, but I remain undeterred. Although now I'll probably focus more on reading "The Soloist", now that I've finished "Friday Night Lights."



+ Excellent, excellent interview with Col. Steven Kleinman. Heard it on NPR yesterday on the drive home. "Let us not let the adversary set the standard, especially if it causes us to lower our standard."

No comments: