Saturday, May 5

TCW

"My TCW" (Tasty Coma Wife) is one of my favorite Scrubs episodes (and it was on tonight). In it, J.D. begins hanging out with a woman who's husband is in a coma and vegetative state. His friends give him a hard time about it. To compound that, J.D. is frustrated listening to the relationship problems of Dr. Cox/Jordan, Carla/Turk and Elliot/Peter, which he deems trivial. His feelings culminate when they are all eating lunch at the hospital (without Jordan and TCW) and they are continuing to give J.D. crap about hanging out with TCW. J.D. stands up from the table and exclaims,
Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! And shut up! Okay? Who are you people to give me advice about anything? All you do is just bitch about your relationships all day long!
[to Dr. Cox]
And you know what? Glare all you want, Big Dog, okay, cause I'm not afraid of you. Oh, no! Jordan's only paying attention to the baby! That must be so hard for Dr. Look-At-Me! Isn't it? Look at me!
[to Turk and Carla]
And you two? Come on, you're arguing since you got engaged? Wow, you're probably the first couple that's ever done that, ever! It can't be that you're just scared, is it?
[to Elliot]
And you! Y-you know what, let's just - let's just forget for one second that a month ago you told me you couldn't be in a relationship with anyone. Because, for me, it's actually fun to watch you sabotage a relationship from the outside, it really is. Honestly, the only thing that gives me comfort, you guys, is while I'm sitting at home, staring at the ceiling, just wishing that I had someone to talk to, is knowing that none of you idiots realize how lucky you are!
+ I know I've talked trash in the past regarding Beyonce's B-Day album, but I actually like her three most recent singles - "Get Me Bodied", "Freakum Dress" and "Flaws and All".

No comments: